From: Sandy Perle [mailto:sandyfl@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, January 18, 1999 9:19 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: University of Georgia To Build Lab Near Chernobyl

UG To Build Lab Near Chernobyl - (ATHENS) -- The University of
Georgia plans to build a laboratory near the Ukraine's Chernobyl
nuclear reactor. University officials have signed an agreement to
build the lab in order to study the effects of radiation on wildlife and
plants near the disabled reactor. No one has been allowed to live
within 18-miles of the Chernobyl nuclear plant
since a 1986 explosion there.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205