Applicants wanted: Physical Science Technical Position at the National Institutes of Health

Employment Opportunity: National Institutes of Health, Radiation Safety Branch,
Technical Services Section.

Official Posting information below:

J O B S E R I E S 1 3 1 1  (Physical Science Technician (Dosimetry)
PHYSICAL SCIENCES TECHNICIAN GS-1311-6/7  Vacancy #OR-99-0003
For Information contact: Jean Sturgeon 301-402-1528
31/4B41  PROMO:KSA:POSTMARK:FAX-ID# 5416 All sources, for a full text of vacancy
ID#5416 Call 301-594-2953.

For a full copy of the job posting and requirements call 301-594-2953 and follow
instructions.

Salary range: GS-6 ($ 26,773 to $ 33,658)
	          GS-7 ($29,751 to $ 37,401)

NIH is an equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. Citizenship Required

FYI.  Anyone can have a copy of the NIH vacancies FAXed to them by calling
301-594-2953 or 1-800-728-JOBS (long distance) from a phone, or better still,
from their FAX machine.  You follow the prompts and enter your office FAX
machine number and the vacancy's
NIH FAX I.D. number listed in the NIH Vacancy Listing (for example: 5416).

The NIH vacancies advertised to 'all sources' are also on the Office of
Personnel Management's Web site: www.usajobs.opm.gov

Non-official Information:

The following information is not to be considered official or constitute any
position of the Federal government, standard disclaimer, etc, etc,

Wanted: Motivated individuals who would like to experience health physics in a
large biomedical research setting. NIH has a 350 bed hospital, Radiation
Oncology Department, Nuclear Medicine Department, Radiology Department, A
Cyclotron facility producing radionuclides for PET (with 2 cyclotrons) and
exotic radionuclides such as Br-76, At-211, I-124, others and whatever our
biomedical researchers think they need!!  NIH has over 8000 employees using
radioactive materials, in over 3000 posted laboratories.  Individual will work
in the Radiation Safety Branch, Technical Services Section on the Bethesda, MD
campus.  Successful applicant will perform numerous health physics related
duties including, but not limited to sample analysis and data verification using
liquid scintillation, NaI gamma counters, HPGe detectors (gamma spectroscopy),
air sampling, leak testing, radiation surveys, laboratory procedures review and
html based procedures development, assist in exposure investigations, etc.   If
you want to learn about biomedical and accelerator Health Physics this is the
place.  Please get a copy of the job posting by calling our fax-back number and
send your application to :

	National Institutes of Health
	ORS Human Resources Branch
	31 Center Drive MSC-2157
	Building 31 Room 4B-41
	Bethesda, MD 20892-6780

For an electronic copy of the job posting please e-mail me at
sgoogins@exchange.nih.gov
Position opens today and will close on 2/16/99.
Shawn Googins, M.S., CHP
Chief, Technical Services Section, RSB
Deputy Radiation Safety Officer, NIH