Re: [Fwd: Please advise]

The last time I got involved in something like this was around 1974 when I was working at
the University of Missouri Research Reactor Facility. Some farmer had developed a "rock"
that would neutralize radioactivity (technically it would have to neutralize radioactive
material). Because of politics at a much higher level, I had to test this stuff. All I ended
up with were many 1-gallon jugs with micro to millicurie amounts of I-125. Of course, these
all had to be held for disposal by decay. Your call on this one problem is that you can't
hold Th for disposal by decay!

Michael A. Kay, ScD, CHMM
Formerly Group Leader, Radioisotope Applications
University of Missouri Research Reactor Facility

PS. Thanks for the memories; I had put this travesty out of my mind since it took up a lot
of time to do the repeated counting.