Re: Lapel CAM

MGP Instruments (formerly known as Merlin Gerin) discontinued the MCA 11.
The instrument, which was ONLY an alarming personnal sampler (no display,
only a factory threshold set point) was obsoleted in the early 90s by CAMs
such as the BA 31 / 33 Beta, gamma, alpha with radon compensation.

Anyone interested by MCA 11 litterature or report can reach me through
personnal email.

Jean-Paul GUILLEMOT
MGP Instruments
tel : 33 4 90 59 60 41
fax: 33 4 90 59 55 18
jpg@mgpi.com
http://www.mgpi.com

----------
> De : Morris, Robert <robert.morris@rfets.gov>
> A : Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Objet : Lapel CAM
> Date : lundi 25 janvier 1999 22:55
>
> Tom Goff requested information on lapel CAMs
>

> Merlin Gerin Model MCA 11 is an alarming personal air sampler designed to
> alert workers to elevated airborne plutonium levels.  Originally
developed
> by the Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique of France, the monitor was (is?)
> made in France by Merlin Gerin.
>
> The unit looks like a softball cut in half and suspended on a lanyard.
It
> weighs 420 g and is accompanied by a 600 g belt-mounted battery and
> electronics package.  It was described in two English language
publications:

> 		Perrin, M. L. "Plutonium aerosols size distributions in a
> reprocessing plant and during decommissioning operations."  Proceedings
of
> the DOE Workshop on Workplace Aerosol Monitoring, Napa, CA Oct 28 - 30,
> 1985.
>
> 		Charuau, J.  "Design and assessment of a personal air
> monitor to optimize the occupational monitoring in plutonium
laboratories."
> Proceedings of  the DOE Workshop on Workplace Aerosol Monitoring, Napa,
CA
> Oct 28 - 30, 1985.
>
> While we were employed at Chem-Nuclear (later Rust) Geotech at DOE's
Grand
> Junction, Colorado, Project Office, Dr. Dowell Martz and I bought two of
> these units, tested them in the radon research chamber, and published a
> report.  The report, titled "Evaluation of a Personal Air Sampler
Designed