Re[2]: give me your opinion

     What the heck is IDLH anyway?

Subject: Re: give me your opinion
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at guardian
Date:    1/27/99 7:41 PM

1) Once again, is you became sick from inhaling Pu, it would be 10-30 YEARS
later. If you needed chelation or lung lavage it could be arranged (Very
unlikely).

2) We are not talking IDLH atmosphere here, we are talking airborne Pu.

3) When you say toxicity, do you mean from heavy metal?  Or radioactivity?
So a battery bursts open and knocks your partner out in the same room as
you.  Do you need a APR to respond? From the acid fumes or lead?  Neither.

4) I am appalled how you tied a non-nuclear event (IDLH atmosphere in a
manhole)  to this and any nuclear plant.  Why didn't you bring up a IDLH
manhole at a pet food factory instead?

5) This has strayed from the subject.

My own opinion.

Mike Dempsey