Re: personal shipment (transporting) RAM

(1) There is no such thing as a "personal shipment" of hazmat. Shipments
must
meet all regulatory requirements, no matter who is the carrier.

(2) Generally, personal auto insurance policies exclude coverage for
shipments
of radioactive materials.

(3) If you act as the carrier, you should be familiar with the usual
shipping
regulations, plus the requirements of 49 CFR 177, "Carriage By Public
Highway."  Pay special attention to:

177.800(c)  This requires Hazmat Employee Training, in accordance with 172,
Subpart H.

177.816  This requires that each driver of hazmat be trained in 49 CFR parts
390 through 397.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com