RE: Tamper resistant devices for waste drum ring bolts

A much cheaper alternative that I've seen used many times is to simply tack
weld the head of the bolt to the ring collar. A couple of good tacks by a
good welder makes it essentially impossible to get a wrench on the bolt,
much less break it loose. It doesn't preclude getting the drum open again,
although it does take a little more work and generally will ruin the bolt
and maybe the ring. Still cheaper and quite simple, though.

DJ Richards
Hazards Assessment & Y2k Emergency Preparedness Lead
Rocky Flats Environmental Technology Site
David.Richards@rfets.gov
djrichards@earthlink.net