ABHP Exam, common sense?

> just be ready for the test heck there are only about four formulas.
> you need to know.. and If you do not know them by now... get a mop and
> call rent a tech and go decon..there is nothing to worry about
> on that test....its all common sense

Normally I let things spoken that seem ludicrous go, as most people
recognize them as such; however, I want to clear this up for anyone who
would take this at face value and who would not know any better.

The ABHP exam is difficult.  It is supposed to be.  If it were not
difficult, it would not have such a low passing rate and would not be so
professionally valuable.  It requires memorization of more than just a few
formulas, but also requires the knowledge of how to use the formulas
appropriately, as well as experience.  It is not "all common sense."

Please note that the comment came from someone who has not passed (or
taken?) Part I or Part II of the ABHP exam, who is not a member of the AAHP
(American Association of Health Physicists), HPS (Health Physics Society),
or NRRPT (National Registry of Radiation Protection Technologists).

--
Scott O. Schwahn, CHP
schwahn@jlab.org