RE: ABHP Exam, common sense?

There is some truth that Part II is "common sense" - for a well rounded
health physicist. The number of equations one needs to master for a
passing score is extremely small -- PV=nRT just about did it for me;
1/r^2 and e^-lamda*t are also useful; approximations will work for just
about everything else.  The primary purpose of the test (as I see it) is
to demonstrate whether the individual has professional judgement to
correctly apply the appropriate knowledge base - which, as Scott points
out, is a lot easier said than done except for a very small proportion
of our colleagues.

Wes

Wesley M. Dunn, CHP, Director, Environmental Health & Safety
International Isotopes, Inc.
3100 Jim Christal Road
Denton, Texas  76207
Wdunn@intiso.com <mailto:Wdunn@intiso.com>