ABHP Exam Considerations

     Here are a couple of thoughts that I have had about the certification
     exam.  I took Part 1 in 1991 and Part 2 in 1998 and have passed both
     parts

     I found Part 1 to be more anxiety provoking and difficult than Part 2
     in that Part 1 requires much more factual knowledge or just plain
     tidbits of information (not to denigrate what needs to be known).
     It's hard to prepare for 150 multiple choice questions covering as
     broad a range as Part 1 covers.

     For me, being in school as long as I was, found the problems much less
     frightening.  My conclusion is that being in school and doing course
     work prepared me vey well for doing problems like the ones on the
     exam.  Whereas, the course work doesn't necessarily give you all the
     tidbits that you would learn working in the real world.

     This leads me to wonder if there is a disconnect between what the
     majority of health physicists do and what the certification exam is
     testing.

     Well, again this is my own two cents - and I still reserve the right
     to be wrong.

     Take care,
     Jerry Falo
     jer3ry@aol.com