Re[2]: New York Times - Red Meat Irradiation Rules

     The motives of those who support food irradiation is preventing
     deaths that occur every year!!

     I am COMPLETELY irritated with people who suggest food irradiation
     proponents are just wanting to get away with poorer overall
     sanitation.

     When food irradiation represents a safe and very effective tool to
     improving food quality and preventing deaths, who in their right
     mind can suggest not using it?

     Why not outlaw pastuerization of milk? Why not tell hospital
     operating rooms they can't use antiseptics, because it might
     encourage them not to scrub their floors and hands as thoroughly?
     Oh, and let's take seatbelts out of cars - people are encouraged to
     drive unsafely while wearing them...

     RIDICULOUS....UGH !!!  I'm afraid I agree with Bernie...we have
     gone nuts!

     (Thank you, RADSAFERS, for letting me get this off my chest.)

     Vincent King
     vincent.king@doegjpo.com