Re[2]: Tritium in exit signs and on watch dials

     I'm not sure if the NRC limit listed by Bill is relatively new, since
     this isn't my area of expertise, but I have an older Timex watch from
     the early 80's, that clearly states on the back that it contains "200
     mCi 3H". It also has the trefoil symbol on the back. I quit wearing it
     after a radiochemistry lab manager "borrowed" it for a few days and
     found detectable tritium leaching out of it. It does glow nicely in
     the dark... :-)

     Steven D. Rima, CHP, CSP
     Manager, Health Physics and Industrial Hygiene
     MACTEC-ERS, LLC
     srima@doegjpo.com

     Bill Lipton wrote, in part:

watch dials - see pages 9ff - The NRC limit is 25 mCi per watch.  In
practice,
     the average activity is less than 2 mCi.