justification of practices- part 2

Dear radsafers,

On Februari 1ste, I posted a message referring to a project in the
Netherlands about the justification of practices. I asked to share
with us your knowledge about this rather complex radiation protection
principle.

Until now I received one (1) question and zero (0) comments. To
increase the chance of getting a number of valuable contributions I
restrict my former message now to the jusfication of medical
applications. I do hope that this more specific question does
encourage you to response. For ease of reading my former message has
been added below.

Thanks

Pierre J.H. Kicken, PhD
Senior Health Physicist
University Hospital Rotterdam,
Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

=== start of message 1 (feb. 1, 1999) ===
Dear Radsafer's,

Recently, Dutch government has started a project, called
"Justification of radiological practices". Its goal is to describe
(as good as possible):
- justification criteria
- justified practices (licensed in the past)
- non-justified practices (no licence granted)
All major types of practices, such as industrial, scientific,
educational, and medical applications should be included. In this
very early stage of the project,
which runs from January to approx. Juli 1999, we excluded nuclear
power and military usage.

It goes without saying that standard literature sources such as ICRP
Publications, Basic Safety Standards (IAEA), EC-directives, NCRP
Reports and NRPB documents will be used for input.

However, we are quite sure that there is a great amount of data,
(scientifically sound) opinions, reports, papers, documents etc.etc.
which could be very useful to us. Therefore we would like to ask
Radsafe-members to provide us with additional information and/or