From: Reynolds, Harold [mailto:harold.reynolds@rfets.gov]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 1999 3:52 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Idiot Proof Survey Meters

I agree that the RAD-TAD is sorely missed.  I used to carry one around
taped
to the end of a broom stick as a remote tool for finding hot spots and
high
dose rate areas before I walked into them. I also used it to orient
workers
to their work area.  With the remote RAD-TAD, I would literally "show"
them
where the high and low dose rate areas and hot spots were.  One day I
entered a room and found a worker sitting on a pipe for a rest.  When I
extended the RAD-TAD to the pipe next to his butt and it screamed, he
moved
in a hurry!!  I think their demise was premature.  I don't know of any
other
tool that would do what it did for me.

Harry
Harold.Reynolds@RFETS.gov