Re: Be-7 detections in ambient air samples -Reply

See NCRP 50, "Environmental Radiation Measurements," Table 2-4 - "Cosmogenic
radionuclides."

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com

You wrote:

>> Bill Lohner <Bill.Lohner@epa.state.oh.us> 03/05/99 11:10am >>>
During routine gamma analyis of high volume particulate air samples
(originally
looking for Co-60 and Cs-134), our laboratory has detected somewhat elevated
readings for Be-7.

The only natural source we've been able to fing would be from upper
atmosphere
interactions with N and O.  Does anyone have any information regarding the
presence of Be-7 in ambient air samples, such as possible sources, "normal
concentrations", etc.?