RE: Americum [sic] check source offered for sale on eBay

10 CFR 31.8 states -  Americium-241 in the form of calibration or reference
sources.  This section requires a specific license to obtain the general
license.

10 CFR 30.15, Certain items containing byproduct material, address watches,
compasses, and other items.  This section gives specifics for exemptions.

The original message indicated that this was a check source, therefore,
requirements of 10 CFR 31.8 would probably apply.