Lead shielding installation techniques

This question may have arisen previously on RADSAFE.

I am interested in hearing about current techniques for installing lead
shielding and/or drywall in diagnostic x-ray facilities. I am particularly
interested in fastening techniques that may involve the penetration of the
sheeting material; specifically, how is the possibility of pin hole
radiation leaks around the fasteners avoided?

Thank-you in advance for your assistance!

Eric Cowdrey
Radiation Protection Officer
Department of Medical Physics
Manitoba Cancer Treatment and Research Foundation
100 Olivia Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba    R3E 0V9
CANADA

Tel (204) 787-2166