Re: Lead shielding installation techniques

     Although this may not be the right answer, I wonder what the shielding
     comparison would be between a 32nd or 16th inch of lead to a 2 inch
     steel or aluminum screw.

     Presumably for a typical shielding installation in a diagnostic room,
     the lead is part of the sheet rock.  It is mounted using standard
     techniques - ie. screwing the sheet rock to the studs.  The fastener
     is a 2" drywall screw made of steel or aluminum.  The hole in the
     sheet rock lead is filled with the screw.

     Does this compromise the shielding??  I think it probably doesn't.

     Louie Tonry

     + LOUIE TONRY, CHP                                                   +
     + MAJOR, MS                                                          +
     + Chief, Radiation Protection Division                               +
     + Eisenhower Army Medical Center                                     +
     + ATTN: MCHF-LOG-HP (Radiation Protection)                           +
     + Box 264                                                            +
     + Ft. Gordon, Georgia 30905-5650                                     +
     + Voice:     DSN: 773-4692/6392      Civilian: (706) 787-4692/6392   +
     + Facsimile: DSN: 773-3427           Civilian: (706) 787-3427        +
     + Internet:  MAJ_Louie_Tonry@DDEAMC.SMTPLINK.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL          +