Re: Radiological vs. Radiation

Radiological (adj.);  Radiation (noun)

I suspect some folks chafe at a description which takes two nouns to form
one without a hyphen, and would rather see an adjective modify a noun.
Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary does not limit 'radiological'
to something only pertaining to medical science, but it includes
'relating to nuclear radiation' as well.  I prefer the term 'radiological
physics' to 'radiation physics', maybe for the same reason.  But then I
don't like split infinitives either.  Probably just showing age.