Re: Radiological vs. Radiation

L_K_II_Les_Aldrich@RL.gov writes:

<< But then, when you put "Protection" after Radiation, you get Radiation
 Protection, which infers the protection of radiation from something
 (man?).  Radiological Protection does not infer we're out to protect
 radiation.  I vote for radiological.

 Les Aldrich

 But then, when you put "Protection" after Radiological you get radiological
protection which can be interpreted as  implying the use of radiological
methods to protect something (like food).   I vote for radiation  (analogous
to fire) protection.
Really, I think both phrases are inherently ambiguous, but we and just about
everyone else know what we mean.  Each to his own taste.

Joyce Davis
jpdavischp@aol.com