Re: Pocket Dosimeters

> The typical PIC (Pocket Ionization Chamber) will be essentially
> useless as a secondary monitoring device. The PIC will under-
> respond (if at all) to typical accelerator energy spectrum.

They are, however, very useful at reading residual radiation in the
accelerator enclosure, which SHOULD be the only reason you would need them.
Not necessarily knowing the conditions into which they are walking, I would
definitely bring both PICs and TLDs, (and granted, if they have them or can
afford them, electronic dosimetry).

Scott
--
Scott O. Schwahn, CHP