Re: European regulation of NORM as an minor component of other materi

May I suggest you contact either of the following gentlemen.  They both
gave presentations last week at Waste Management on TENORM scrap in Europe.

Richard van Sonsbeek (Netherlands) r.van.sonsbeek@rtd.nl

or

Shankar Menon
shankar.menon@menon-consulting.se

Phil Egidi
ORNL/GJ
7pe@ornl.gov

At 04:14 PM 3/8/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I am trying to find out if there are regulatory limits or restrictions to
the use, possession and disposal of materials based on the presence of
naturally-occurring radioactive materials. I'm particularly interested in
regulations applicable to The Netherlands. My main concern is in
determining at what point does naturally occurring radioactivity in
chemicals or construction materials trigger a use and/or disposal problem.
It would also help if anyone is aware of an on-line regulatory database
such as is available for many US regulations.