Re: Tooth Fairy Project -Reply

Franz, I must agree.

Like Shakespear's poet/lunatic/lover, our adversaries see more monsters than
hell could ever produce.  They seem to be claiming more somatic and teratogenic
effects than were observed from Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  I haven't been to Long
Island since the early 80's.  However, I don't recall seeing a blast crater
near Brookhaven even back then.  Is there one now?

And let's talk about the bad old days when Sternglass, Carlson et al saved the
world from it's wicked, wicked ways.  Like many of "Boomers" of the 50's and
60's I was exposed to a host of agents suspected of or actually linked to
debilitating disease (e.g., in-utero X-rays, fallout radiation, asbestos,
silica dust, leaded gasoline vapors, lead paint, second hand tobacco smoke,
DDT, PCBs, agent orange, etc.).  Remember the stir about fluorinated drinking
water?

Yet, we are living longer, healthier lives.  More children are surviving to
reach adulthood than at any other time in history.  Just look at the Social
Security and Medical Care debates in the United States. Or, carefully examine
the death certificates of ancestors while searching the family tree (i.e., look
at how many of your ancestors died young, especially the children). So what
gives?

As for Mr. Baldwin... I will not attack him personally. He is just a recognized
personality who, as an actor is using (or is being used) his ability and image
to effectively induce a strong, emotional response.  It's done all the time.  I
just consider his endorsement of the Tooth Fairy Project a misguided
promotional scheme equivalent to the late John Wayne touting tobacco products.

I guess I must accept the fact that longevity means I have to tolerate those
Luddites who remain with us.

Ecce, stultus hic et undeque est.
Jack McCarthy
internet:mccarjl@gwsmtp.nu.com