Consulting Fees for diagnostic x-ray room.

Howdy,

One of my hobbies is working as an emergency medical technician at
the local hospital ER.  Knowing my "real job", an orthopedic surgeon
approached me about the current "market rate" for consulting fees for
designing a diagnostic x-ray room in his office remodeling project.  Since
I've never done any consulting outside the university, I've never paid
attention to the market.  So what is the going rate and/or total cost
of doing the radiological shielding design for his remodeling project?

Thanks,

Tracy N. Tipping
Laboratory Safety Officer
James R. Macdonald Laboratory