AW:

Jim, Emil and others,

the 'm' must be milli not mega.
We perform biossay measurements on faces specimens with a detection limit of
1 mBq = 0,001 Bq for Am-241 and we count hours not days. For the same
nuclide we perform gamma-spectrometry on air-samples, detection limit is
about 20mBq/cubic-meter at a counting time 1-2 hours.

	You wrote in part
	<<
> It also seems to me in this case "m" stands for mega.>>
> >
> >The report lists results of "9.57 +/- 7.9 mBq/l."
> >
> >Is the "m" for "milli" or "mega."

Peter Hewing
Radiation Protection of
Siemens Karlstein