Re: RADIUM ACTIVITY ESTIMATE

It is also possible that what you have is an old Heyman casule.  The ones I am
familiar with were SS with a screw cap.  They had an eyelet at one end with
braided steel wire.  The other end of the steel wire may have a small tag with a
number.  However I don't remember seeing one of these these with a hexagonal cross
section.

Burnett applicators were larger than the Heyman capsules.  Again, I don't recall
that they were hexagonal.  The would probably have a letter stamped on one end.

They were usually used with 10 or 15 mg Ra tubes.  Have you taken a radiograph to
see if there is a tube in it ??  At the right angle you might be able to see a s/n
or other ID stamped on a tube inside.

--
Chris Hawkins
Radiation Oncology