FW: IH- Propylene

This looks like a job for RADSAFE.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ih-list@intr.net [mailto:owner-ih-list@intr.net] On Behalf
Of mjame@ag.cyanamid.com
Sent: Monday, March 15, 1999 11:34 AM
To: ih-list@lists.aiha.org
Subject: IH- Propylene

We have received an MSDS from a supplier of propylene, which states
"Industry
experience has shown that propylene may contain small amounts of radon..."
The
MSDS also cautions about gamma radiation emanating from equipment containing
propylene, as well as the potential to inhale alpha particles if entering or
working on opened equipment.  Unfortunately, the MSDS supplier cannot
provide
any insight regarding these statements.  Can the list enlighten me regarding
the
presence of radon in propylene?

Thanks in advance.

Mike James
American Cyanamid Company
Box 817
Hannibal, Missouri 63401
573-769-2011

Statements and opinions are my own and do not reflect those of American
Cyanamid
or American Home Products.

Eric Cowdrey
Radiation Protection Officer
Department of Medical Physics
Manitoba Cancer Treatment and Research Foundation
100 Olivia Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba    R3E 0V9
CANADA

Tel (204) 787-2166