Rad Vacuum HEPAs -- Final

Thanks to all who responded to my query.  For general info, we do
DOP-test the installed filters in our vacuums prior to initial use or
following any maintenance.  This appears to be a common practice.

What does not appear to be a common practice is submitting rad.
vacuum HEPAs to DOE filter test facility certification.

In addition, DOE-STD-3022-98, "DOE HEPA Filter Test Program"
contains the following statement, (Section 4.0, para 4) "Except as
stated in the preceding paragraph [using DOE FTF's for ULPA
filters], this standard, and related standards, shall not apply to HEPA
filters used by DOE contractors for purposes **other than
installation in DOE nuclear facilities** [emphasis added]."

In my interpretation, the above statement means that rad vacuum
HEPAs are outside of the scope of the DOE HEPA Filter Test
Program.  If anyone sees any reason to interpret this another way,
please let me know.

Thanks for your help!!
v/r
Michael