RE: RADIUM ACTIVITY ESTIMATE

We have two of these containers in the historical collection. Both have wall
thickness of 6 mm. Each is, hexagonal in cross section, 7 cm long, and about
2 cm in diameter. There is a number stamped on the bottom.

They looked more like plated brass to me than stainless steel so I analyzed
them by XRF.  Sure enough it showed nickel, copper and zinc, no iron. Mine,
at any rate turn out to be nickel plated brass.

One says Radium Chemical Company, Distributors, Pittsburgh, PA. USA

The other says Standard Chemical Co. Pittsburgh, PA. USA.

They originally came in a small leatherette case lined with velvet. For what
its worth, not much,I'm writing a story about one of these for the HPS
Newsletter.

Best wishes

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs