Medical Imaging recognized

Hello, group.

I do not know if you are aware that the US Post Office will, in the
future, be featuring stamps recognizing the advances in "Medical
Imaging" during the 1970's.  It's to be one of their period stamps.
I'm not quite aware as of yet the stamps they will offer, but it's
one of the topics selected to represent a part of the advances in
this centrury.  I think it's about time the uses of nuclear
technology get a little more recongition.

So for all you stamp collectors out there, the following web address
has a listing of winners to represent the 50's, 60's, and 70's:
http://stampvote.msn.com/usps/winners.htm

Maybe this might be an educational or publicity option we have not
thought to develop a little more.  See what stamp series we can come
up with showing the highlights of our field.....  It's just a
thought.  Just think of all those stamp collectors out there that
may be educated in the process; not to mention the everyday folk
seeing the stamps on their mail.  It may be one small way to help
increase awareness and public acceptance.

Bernadette Baca

TDH - Bureau of Radiation Control
Uranium Licensing Project
1100 West 49th
Austin, TX 78756 - 3189
(512) 834 - 6688  ext: 2206

http://www.tdh.state.tx.us/ech/rad/pages/brc.htm
-My supervisor has not read or approved this message, much less agrees
with my point of view.  Therefore, use at your own risk and humor.

mailto:Bernadette.Baca@tdh.state.tx.us
mailto:bbaca@netscape.net

"Beneath this chaos is a really big mess." - Jim Davis