gauges on the grounds?

Looking for advice:
I'm the RSO at a small university.  We have very little radioactive
materials use, typically one or two investigators at most and some
inventoried materials that need to be disposed of.  I am not a health
physicist by training, but know enough to do my job and am always
trying to learn more.
There is some construction taking place on campus, and my memory has
been jogged about previous radsafe postings about contractor activity
on one's property.  Should I inquire whether there is gauge work
being done related to this construction, just so I know? Or should I
not bother, assuming that they know better than I what to do in case
of accident?
Thanks.

HANDBELL PEOPLE have all gone campan-

David F. Gilmore
Assistant Professor of Environmental Biology
P.O. Box 599, Dept. of Biological Sciences
Arkansas State University
State University, AR 72467
dgilmore@navajo.astate.edu
dgilmo@fastdata.net