Question -Reply

The first thing I would check in this instance is your amplifier.  When your
amp goes bad your spectrum will begin to shift.  Some times it will shift
the same amount every day; sometimes not.  For this reason, we check
our energy calibration daily and trend the centroid of one of the high
energy peaks (usually Co-60).  Failing that, I would begin checking other
electronic components.  If you have the luxury of spares try switching
out components one at a time.

Jeff Stapleton
BWO
stapjs@doe-md.gov