RE: Question

Dr. Nabyvanets,

For long measurement intervals, I too have seen drifts in the energy
calibrations for gamma spectroscopy systems.  One possible cause is that
temperature changes are inducing drifts in the system.  Humidity can also
affect the electronics as well.  I have seen many counting rooms with
relatively strict temperature and humiditiy controls.

Also, I've also noticed drifts in germanium systems if the liquid nitrogen
supply gets below a certain level.  It was guessed that as the level of LN2
dropped humidity changes in and around the preamp would cause the drifts.

Finally, I know that Canberra makes a spectrum stabilizing NIM module;
perhap, EG&G makes one as well.

If you resolve the problem, let us know what the cause was.

Good luck,

Jerry Falo
jer3ry@aol.com