Re: Exposure from Bremsstrahlung

A "rule of thumb" in the "Radiological Health Handbook" (1970 edition)
states:
 "The bremsstrahlung from 1 Ci P-32 aqueous solution in a glass bottle is
about 1 mR/hr at 1 meter."  Since plexiglass has a lower effective Z than
regular glass, the dose rate should be less.  More detailed information is
available in:  Frank H. Attix, "Introduction to Radiological Physics and
Radiation Dosimetry" (John Wiley & Sons 1986), Chapter 9, "X-Ray Production
and Quality".

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com