Tritium Exit Signs

Thanks to everyone that has responded to earlier inquiries of mine .  The
information provided has been very helpful.  I need assistance once
again; this time it is characterizing tritium exit signs for disposal.  I need to
establish that the tritium gas contained in these signs is neither an
ignitable/explosive gas nor a compressed gas.  (One manufacturer of
signs has indicated that it is neither.)  I need to determine if this is an
industry standard, particularly for older signs (approx. 20 yrs.).

Please submit ideas and suggestions to :  IMAIBM@NV.DOE.GOV

Thank you.