Re: Exposure from Bremsstrahlung

	Well, whoever caspan is,

	How much P-32?  Microcuries/millicuries???  In labs that utilize many 10'
s of millicuries/week (>> 370MBq/wk), I've measured waste containers
containing MANY 10's of millicurie (again >> 379 MBq) amounts of P-32
behind Plexiglass shields which were pretty close to a hundred mR/hr
(1mSv/hr).  It sort of reminds me of the old XRD-5's - just like having
your own (always-on) x-ray machine in the lab (grin).

	To cut down exposure rates to almost background levels, we ended up using
"graded" shielding - putting lead on the "outside" of the Plexiglass
containers.  The Plexiglass then generated low energy bremsstrahlung x-rays
and the lead (30 mil) sheeting then absorbed/attenuated the "soft" low
energy x-rays.

	Hope this helps,

	Joel Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)
	SSC-SD