Wound Monitors

I promise this is my last question.... for a couple of days anyway.

We are searching for a wound monitor(s) that can be used in the
following environments:

1.  initial detailed survey/mapping (possibly in triage environment)

2.  surgical suite (note, patient may have suffered more severe,
non-radiological injuries that require/allow excisions in a surgical
environment).

3.  post-surgical follow-up

I am aware of the standard HPGe, CdTe, phoswich, and hand-held,
end window configurations that are available, but I also realize that
what you may gain in portability, you may lose in resolution.... and
knowing that folks like to keep as much of their tissue as they can,
I'd prefer to be on the side of higher resolution/less portability.

We're particularly interested in actinide detection, specifically Pu/U.

I would welcome any recommendations or experiences you may
have.  I would ask that DOE RADSAFERS pass this query on to their
internal dosimetry/in vivo monitoring folks that may not subscribe to
this list.

I would also welcome *vendor* recommendations BUT PLEASE
respond privately to me.

As always, thanks in advance to the erudite group!
v/r
Michael
mford@pantex.com