Re: Nuclear Train -Reply

Its HOLLYWOOD is how they got it to work --. and from what the average citizen know about nuclear weapons and waste this very well may be the way it is done. Just the mear mention of the word "NUCLEAR" throws them into a panic state.

>>> Michael S Ford <MFORD@pantex.com> 04/03 5:07 PM >>>
'Sorry to disappoint the good folks at NBC, but...

1)  Nuclear weapons are no longer transported by train in the US.

2)  Nuclear weapons and nuclear waste aren't ever transported
together.

3)  You can't get a nuclear yield from a weapon just because it gets
bumped around a little (or a lot).

Q:  How does a train *unwittingly* carry BOTH nuclear weapons
and nuclear waste?  I guess there wasn't enough info for me to
understand how they could make this plot even partially realistic....

'Hope everyone's weekend is progressing nicely,
v/r
Michael
mford@pantex.com