Re: X-ray diffraction area monitors

Wade:

    I use the NaI when inspecting to look for scatter or leakage from these units -
I like the response in the 10-40 keV range, a little better than the end window GM.
If you go to the RADSAFE search http://romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu/SFgate/  and  type in
low energy x-ray 8 kev you will find some responses to surveying XRDs with
instruments as well.

    Hope this was helpful.

Steve Hand
Radiation Safety