Re: nuclear accident in New Mexico <fwd>

This MAY refer to the failure of the tailings containment dam at a uranium
mill near Churchrock NM in the (70s or 80s - ?).  My understanding is that
portions of the tailings pile flowed into the Rio Puerco, which does flow
(using that term loosely- this is New Mexico!) through Sandoval County.

The Navajos were heavily involved, but I don't know where to find more info
- sorry.  Hope this helps...

Brian Rees
brees@lanl.gov