Decommissioning procedure

To University Types:

Looking through our procedure manual, we realized we do not have a procedure
for decommissioning a laboratory.  We have a survey procedure, but it would
need modification.  I hate re-inventing the wheel.  Anyone care to share
their lab decommissioning procedure with us?   Please respond to my email
address below.  Thanks much.

Lawrence E. Grimm

     UCLA Radiation Safety Office
     1010 Veteran Avenue                                    e-mail:
lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu
     2195 West Campus Medical Bldg 		Phone: 310-206-0712
     Box 951765 				Fax: 310-794-5825
     Los Angeles, California 90095-1765

If this email looks, smells, feels, tastes, or sounds like an opinion, then
it probably is.  My employer normally disavows any opinion my big mouth puts
out in public,  My employer is mean and nasty in that fashion(an example of
an opinion),