Re: Chernobyl deaths? (part 2)

Oops. Again catched in a common trap of internet. Or should I say 'From'
the internet ;-)
Anyhow here is the missing part of my message :

>From 1991-1993 German government spent several millions US$ to help
Russia, Belarus and Ukraine to assess the situation in the contaminated
regions. Within this project I was responsible for in-vivo monitoring of
the population. More than 250,000 individuals in over 240 settlements have
been examined for incorporated Cs in more than 315,000 measurements with
mobile labs.  Little over 47,000 of the measurements were performed in the
Ukraine, less than 4% indicating a body burden in excess of the
international limits for the normal population.

All body burdens were far below the limit for professional radiation
workers. dammit! Somehow in the Ukraine we must have missed the 250,000
really interesting cases. Or may the original statement of Ukrainian
officials have been somthing like :  In the recent 10 years in a certain
part of our country 250,000 died out of a population of many millions. If
'many' is set equal to '3' you are already down to natural death rates.

JMHO

Peter

 Dr.Peter Hill                          phone: +49-2461-61-5081
 Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH         fax  : +49-2461-61-3726
 D-52425 Juelich/Germany                mailto:P.Hill@fz-juelich.de
 <><