Re: Q: rad waste bag source?

We've tried numerous types and colors of bags, including those with
preprinted labels and words.

We no longer use those with preprinted words and labels, as we found that
they create more problems than they solve.

Some of the problems we found were that they're more expensive, are
difficult to write on, each Technician must carry a Sharpie or other felt
marker, turn-around time is usually longer if you run out, heavy material
tends to stretch and distort the markings, wrinkled bags obscure the tag,
straightening out wrinkled bags to read the tag is not ALARA (and sometimes
surprising), etc.

As we don't have on-site decay storage, the type that works best for us is a
clear bag with any type of marking that makes it stand out, usually a single
yellow stripe.  They are some of the cheaper bags and are readily available
through the normal suppliers (contact me privately is you need some names
and numbers).

Richard Sumrall
HP Instructor
Grand Gulf Nuclear Station