Re: KMS Fusion Inc

KMS Fusion was a company founded by the mathematician and entreprenour
K.M.Siegel who died of a heart attack on the floor of Congress pleading for
additional funding for his laser-induced fusion developments, which he felt
were bordering break-even at the time, and often outstripped most other
developments of the time in the inertial confinement arena.  The company
also developed early security systems based on laser decoding of
fingerprints and a wealth of other quantum optics and related devices.  I
had the pleasure of visiting these labs not long after his departure and
was couriered by his former driver (as interesting as the famed aid of Ms.
Daisy) who intrigued us with his stories of this man, whom he obviously
held in highest esteem, and the many companies which he headed and other
undertakings which he pursued with unflinching persistence.

The company with which I was affiliated at the time was contemplating an
acquisition of the operation, but no deal was consummated, and I have lost
track of its history over the last decade.

Bob Hearn
rah@america.net