Re: Radiation hormesis

	The discussion below misses the principal point,IMHO. If the
scientific community accepts hormesis and the public is so informed, I
believe that the public's fear of low level radiation will be greatly
reduced. The problem with the present situation is that the public
believes that any radiation is harmful, and it is that belief which causes
all the problems. If the public would really understand LNT
quantitatively, there wouldn't be any problems either. In my books, I
accept and use LNT, and everything comes out fine. The catch is that the
public does not consider things quantitatively, and qualitatively
low level radiation is bad according to LNT, but good according to
hormesis.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh