Instrument Source Checking

Hello All
     A recent phone conversation demonstrated to me the inconsistency,
even within the same organization, as to how Health Physics
instrumentation source checks are performed.
     I would like to poll all of you, and in particular, nuclear power
plants, as to how you accomplish this task. The frequency (eg: Daily,
shiftly weekly,monthly...etc)and the technique (Eg: each detector, each
range, single point...etc) used for the following equipment.

1) Portal Monitors: eg:PM-7,Gamma-60,SPM..etc (please specify if
scintillating or gas proportional)

2) Frisking Machines: eg:PCM-1, NNC..etc (please specify if
Scintillation    or Gas Proportional)

3) Handheld Friskers: eg: R-14,14SA,RM-25...etc

4) Portable Survey Meters: eg Teletectors,Telescans, RO-2/2A,RSO-5/50
etc...

5) Tool Monitors: eg: TCM-2, SAM-9...etc(please specify if
Scintillation    or Gas Proportional)

6) Laundry Monitors: eg: ACM ALM...etc ( please specify if
Scintillation    or Gas Proportional)

7) Bag Monitors:

8) Electronic Dosimeters:

     I will compile this an make it available to anyone interested.
Please respond to me directly unless you feel that others in Radsafe
would benefit from the information.

Thank You

Tim Martinson
Health Physics Group