Re: secondary x-rays from ultra-sound:proved to exist

it's actually not quite so far fetched as it sounds.
there have been reports of low-energy x-rays detected
along with a phenomenon called sonoluminesence seen
with ultrasound.  The ultrasound creates microscopic
bubbles which, when they collapse, emit flashes of light.

searching acoutic related journals should reveal oodles of
additional info on the subject

here's a description of a student experiment in sonoluminesence
http://www.uah.edu/research/resrev96/Micro/students.html

Eugene
Eugene Mah, M.Sc.                     eugenem@ix.netcom.com
Medical Physicist                     maheug@musc.edu
Department of Radiology               "For I am a Bear of Very Little
Medical University of South Carolina   Brain, and long words Bother
Charleston, South Carolina             me."   Winnie the Pooh
http://www.netcom.com/~eugenem/
PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4
PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529                 O-