RE: Radiation Control Technician

If you have time to burn, join the Navy, see the world (from under the
ocean), and become an ELT.  It seems the nuke industry is nothing but Navy
(obviously tongue and cheek).

What ever you do, learn fundamental health physics not just "skill of the
craft" type stuff.  You can get fundamentals if you fall under the wing of a
knowledgeable appreciable RSO or RPM.  It doesn't matter where you work.  If
your supervisor doesn't bring you along, it's a dead end (but if it's
Union...you get paid lots and work minimally...sorry if I've offended any
Brethren out there, but I'm a bit disgruntled).

Matt Williamson
Indian Point Unit 3
Williamson.m@nypa.gov