RE: NRC close to vote on new Westinghouse nuke reactor

	According to DOE/NE-0095 (Sept. 1988), the mills/KW-hr for capital
costs, Operation and maintenance, fuel, decommissioning, and total are the
following respectively (in 1987 dollars, for 1200 MWe):
PWR, median experience 56,13.0, 7.2, 0.5, 77
PWR. best experience   28, 9.1, 6.4, 0.5, 44
Two AP-600s            22,10.4, 6.4, 0.7, 40
Two coal fired         21, 5.9,21.0, 0.1, 48

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260