Re: Xenon-133 monitoring

> was involved in an evaluation of TLDs, electronic dosimetry and dose rate meter
> response to noble gas environments in a PWR containment.  The TLD was able to
> discriminate.

Brent,

I am partially re-treating on my comments regarding the TLD. I will
say that whether or not the TLD can see the photon does depend
on the TYPE of TLD. FPL uses the Panasonic TLD (I know, I
processed them). Panasonic uses 2 LiBO and 2 CaSO. The other
factor is the type of holder used. I still stand by my statement that
if you are wearing a Harshaw TLD, specifically the TLD 100, you
will not differentiate. I was also misleading with respect to the beta.
It is true that the SDE is often what was calculated, not the DDE
(at FPL). So, we both have a little bit of truth in our statements :)